Managing the concentration of your Metalworking fluids in each operating system is a critical aspect if you are looking to optimize fluid performance and cost.
Concentration as a costing KPI: A facility can dramatically reduce their direct spend if they start treating concentration management as a critical cost performance indicator. The lower you can manage the concentration without negatively impacting overall process performance, the lower the plant's costs will be. For example, the difference between an operation running at 8% concentration vs 10% is not a 2% difference in spend, its actually represents a 25% difference (2%/8%). All the factors that drive fluid consumption are occurring at a 25% higher rate of product consumption.
Factors that drive fluid cost:
Refractive index can be a quick and easy way to measure concentration. Its accuracy however can be significantly impacted by the level of contamination that exists in the fluid. As the fluid ages, the emulsion stability weakens also impacting the accuracy of this form of measurement. As a result it is not recommended that Refractive Index alone be used to manage concentrations within a manufacturing environment. When used in conjunction with other tests like Alkalinity and Total Dissolved solids, its possible to more accurately determine true concentration vs false readings.
If you are looking to put your coolant management onto a path to World Class, do it with ESE!
· Dynamic control plan established identifying cost/performance KPI's
· Data and trend review to adjust limits, frequencies and add new KPI's as identified
· True Root Cause trouble shooting using validated KPI Data
· Regular Data Review to define CI Opportunities
· Daily KPI testing compliance monitoring
· Auto Generated Email Alerts to warn of any operational or H&S concern
· Daily Corrective action review
· Transparent program dashboards highlighting daily and overall program compliance
· Qualified and fully trained Onsite Technicians
· Daily Review of assigned completion Metric
· Daily Supervisory review
· Automated Work flow assignment based on dynamic control plans
When its all working together using a sustainable process:
· All units are managed within defined control plans
· Control plans are reviewed and made dynamic in order to optimize the performance/cost ratio
· Auto Alerts and daily Site Supervisor Review quickly addresses non compliance's and required Corrective Actions
· Detailed monthly reporting and KPI review ensures trends are caught early and CI opportunities are identified
We optimize and maintain your technical process with ESE, ensuring that your time and resources can stay focused on optimizing the core aspects of your business that generate revenue and keep your plant competitive and world class.